Facebook is the most popular social media networking site on the internet. What started out as a gathering place for college students has become a very powerful marketing strategy for online and offline businesses.
The basic concept of Facebook is to get people to follow your page so your posts, videos, images, etc., can be seen by more people. Facebook is a place to make connections, build relationships and gain trust and confidence in you and your business.
But before you can start building those relationships you need to get people to follow you. There are many things you can do to accomplish this goal.
1. Facebook Profile
– Be sure to complete your Facebook profile. Make it as appealing and interesting as possible. Give people a reason to want to “Like” you.
2. Quality Content
– Post content that will offend no one. Make it helpful and interesting. Don’t get caught up in bashing or offensive debates. Post content that will compel people to react and comment. Offer free gifts. Give discounts. Offer solutions and benefits. What makes you visit a page over and over? Put yourself in your visitors’ shoes. Would you come back for more?
3. Update Regularly
– Unfortunately many people take the time to put up a Facebook page and then fail to visit and update it regularly. You must give your page the time and attention it needs to stay fresh and alive. People will stop visiting a page that contains the same posts each time. You have to make Facebook a daily task. Add new content each day. Be sure to post original content along with sharing and reposting.
– Tagging is essentially linking to a person or page. If you tag a person in a photo or post, they will be notified and a link is made to their page. This is a great way to interact with other people on Facebook and to make more people aware of your page.
5. Get Involved
– Other than posting and tagging you will need to get involved with conversations on Facebook. Post comments, helpful advice, useful information, etc. on appropriate posts. Get involved in conversations. Be sincere and show true interest. People will see through you if you merely pretend to participate.
– EdgeRank is the procedure that Facebook uses to decide which posts should be displayed in a user’s newsfeed. Learn all you can about how it works and how you can optimize your page for the procedure. By using EdgeRank to your advantage, you will know what content is most effective and on what content to make improvements.
7. Keep Evolving
– Facebook is always changing and adding new features. Be sure to keep abreast of the changes so your page will evolve as well. One of their newest features is the ability to schedule your posts. This is a great feature because it allows you to set up posts for the most advantageous times even if you cannot post manually.
8. Link Your Page
– Be sure to link your Facebook page to your other social media pages, your blog and your email. Add your Facebook link to your email signature. Put “Like” buttons on every page of your blog or website. Make it easy for people to like you!
9. “Invite Your Friends” Box
– An “Invite Your Friends” box will allow your fans and visitors to invite their friends to like your page. This can give your page a substantial boost. It can be done in just a few clicks.
10. Call to Action Image
– Facebook has a new policy that allows for cover images to include a call-to-action. Many times all people need is a nudge to get them to take action. By adding an attention grabbing image telling people to like your page, you could get a considerable higher amount of “Likes”.
Facebook is not only for personal use but can be a tremendous boost to your business. Take advantage of what they have to offer but be prepared to put in the time and effort to make your page a success!
About the Author:
Terri Seymour has over 15 years of internet marketing experience and has helped many people start their own business. Visit her site for free articles, resources, information, resell ebook business opportunity and more. Subscribe to the RSS Feed for her free business building ebook with MRR. http://www.SeymourProducts.com